WHY CHOOSE ASPHALT PAVING?
New asphalt installation to your existing or new parking lot and roadways is one of the most fulfilling capital expenditures you will make to your property. We have all experienced how it feels to shift from driving over a poorly maintained roadway onto a well paved asphalt road. Performance Pavement aims to provide long lasting asphalt paving mixes that will create that experience for drivers and give you the best return on your investment.
ASPHALT PAVING CONSIDERATIONS
Asphalt is the material of choice for paving parking lots and roads across the world because of its abilities.
- It can withstand heavy loads.
- It is durable.
- It is extremely cost-effective.
- When asphalt is installed correctly and properly maintained, it will last for many years.
New asphalt not only improves curb appeal, it also makes it safe and easy for motorists and pedestrians to navigate your property if applied in combination with freshly painted signage and striping. It also increases the durability and longevity of your paved surfaces.
Asphalt is an environmentally friendly paving material because it contains over 70% recycled materials.
Asphalt is a durable, low-maintenance pavement surface that has remained popular for more than one hundred years due to its cost-effectiveness and long life span when properly installed and maintained.
Asphalt has a melting point of about 300 degrees Fahrenheit, so it can be topped with sand for additional traction during winter months. Asphalt pavements provide safer pedestrian access than other surface types because they are more resistant to ice formation and snow accumulation.
Most asphalt surfaces will last 20-30 years before showing signs of wear due to traffic or from natural causes like tree root penetration.
Asphalt paving was introduced in 1912 as an alternative to cobblestone streets when demand increased for paved roads around American cities that were being built after World War I’s end. Asphalt paving was largely considered an economical and practical alternative to granite, brick or other materials. As technology evolved and the country’s roads became more traveled, asphalt pavements were further developed for their material durability in order to withstand heavy automobile traffic volumes. For theses reasons, asphalt is the most commonly used pavement material in North America.
THE PAVING PROCESS
SITE PREPARATION & GRADING
- The first step in any project involving asphalt paving is site preparation. The existing surfaces should be structurally in good condition and able to drain water properly in order to proceed with asphalt installation and paving. There are circumstances when repairs and surface leveling may be necessary prior to asphalt installation. This includes grading, excavating and compacting soil as needed so there are no high areas where water can pool, low spots that cause vehicles to hydroplane, gravel driveways and other surface features which may interfere with driving on new pavement.
- Asphalt is installed with an asphalt paver to get an even, uniform layer. The new layer of asphalt is compressed with a roller that drives behind the paver to create a smooth finish. Asphalt is typically installed at a thickness of two to three inches. Asphalt installation is one way that trafficked areas can be resurfaced without the need for removing and replacing all the old asphalt as well as any cracks in the concrete beneath it.
- Asphalt striping is often used in conjunction with raised pavement markers, painted curb lines and other markings to demarcate lanes. Asphalt Striping can be applied at any time after paving but before the area has fully cured. As a rule of thumb, when you are able to walk on it without leaving footprints then it’s ready for asphalt striping material application. Once the paved area is cured, it can be painted with parking stripes, crosswalks, directional arrows, handicap spaces and speed bumps if required.
LOOKING FOR ASPHALT PAVING COMPANIES NEAR COLORADO SPRINGS?
We are grateful to provide Local Asphalt Paving Services to the Colorado Springs Area! We take pride in creating safer road conditions for our cities roadways and parking lots.
Performance Pavement provides a hands-on approach that allows us to offer a full range of applications and asphalt pavement mix designs for your specific needs. Our pavement mix designs are created to extend the life of your project
Asphalt Paving is the most popular solution in the industry today for paving roads and parking lots. As a leading asphalt contractor, we offer complete Asphalt Construction Services to your property.
We know that asphalt is a precious commodity. That’s why it only makes sense for you to depend on Performance Pavement which manufactures Asphalt Mixes with the highest quality materials, state of the art manufacturing processes and meticulous attention to detail. That way we can provide our customers high performance paving mixes produced in an environmentally friendly manner while exceeding all industry standards for safety and durability.
The Asphalt Specialist You Can Trust!
We are committed to providing outstanding customer service by making sure that each job receives personalized attention from beginning through completion.
We are committed to quality! We use high-quality materials that have been tested by professionals before installation on our projects. You can be assured of safety when choosing Performance Pavement as your Asphalt Contractor because we maintain standards above state requirements for new installations, repair work or maintenance treatments.
There are many options to choose from when it comes to asphalt paving. Performance Pavement Management Group has the experience and tools to help you determine the best solution based on your paving needs. We have Asphalt Paving Mixes with a variety of surfaces that will meet your needs. We are sure you can find the perfect mix for any application. All our mixes are engineered and designed to work in all climates as well as offer an exceptional surface life expectancy!
Whether we are paving or maintaining this cities roadways, we look forward to working with you!
Learn About our Pavement Maintenance Services